WHO WE ARE
Here are our top recommendations for your visit to Madrid
Madrid is a beautiful city with hospitable and friendly people. It is the capital of Spain and a wonderful base for some of the best day trips in Europe. There is always something going-on and we are sure you will have a great time!
Here are 5 recommendations for your holiday to Madrid:
(1) Visit at least one of the big three art museums, the Prado, the Reina Sofia or the Thyssen. If you wish to make the best use of your time, at the end of your tour you can arrange for us to drop you off at one of these museums and you will be able to explore at your own pace.
(2) Madrid is home to arguably the best flamenco show in the world! It is even listed in the famous book ’1000 Places to See Before You Die’. This magnificent show and authentic Spanish dinner has been enjoyed by an amazing list of famous people, and we recommend that you consider being part of this list if you have the time. Click here more information.
(3) If you have more than a day in the city then consider taking a day trip to either Toledo, Avila and Segovia, or the site of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen. Madrid is a great base to some of the best excursions in Europe. All of these destinations are within an hour’s drive and all worth a visit!
(4) Enjoy an afternoon of buzzing action or relax in an atmosphere of tranquillity. Madrid has a lot to offer if you want to do something on your own. You can do some people watching at the lovely and relaxing Retiro Park, or you can join the tens of thousands of fans to a football game at the famous Santiago Bernabeau Stadium, which hosts Real Madrid matches (you can see the stadium and museum only if there is no game on the day of your visit). There are lots of outdoor cafes, trendy shops, and of course the famous night-life that starts very late and ends at dawn.
(5) This last recommendation is to make sure you enjoy your holiday and don’t fall victim to online scams. Please only book your activities with genuine and licensed companies. There are many websites selling various activities in and around Madrid and you need to be careful that you are dealing with a genuine operation. For tours and travel, the best way to ensure you are booking with a genuine Tour Operator is to inquire with ASTA (the American Society of Travel Agents) which is the main body supervising travel companies worldwide. Just as you would not jump into any car at the airport and only get into a licensed taxi, we kindly suggest you help us stop the piracy of tourism in Spain and book only with a genuine travel company.
We hope to see you in Madrid soon and we wish you the best for your travels! Hasta Pronto.
-The MDT Team